If you’re following my adventures on Social Networks, you already know that I’m in the midst of throwing a big Thanksgiving dinner.
I know what you’re thinking: Thanksgiving was last week.
To which I will respond: I’m in France, I don’t get a day off for Thanksgiving; does it really matter if I wait a week to eat turkey and be grateful?
For the past 8 years, Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday, I loved the food, I loved being surrounded by my friends, I loved the cooking, and playing games, and being cozy… I know I won’t be able to reproduce all that here, but I decided to go on a cooking binge and pull off a French version of Thanksgiving. After all, I have been back here for 8 months now and I haven’t had a chance to entertain yet.
So, here we go, I’m putting my Martha hat, and I’m trying to pull something off. Starting with the dinner table. A real dinner table.
Now on to the menu…
French Thanksgiving Dinner
- Sweet Potatoes with Pecan, Goat Cheese and Celery
- Brussel Sprout Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts, Sunflower Seeds, and Dates
- Roasted Turkey Legs
- Sausage Stuffing with Caramelized Leeks and Sage
- Green Bean Casserole with Mushrooms and Crispy Shallots
- Galette with Cranberries, Lime and Fresh Ginger
- Traditional Pumpkin Pie
Stay tuned for more entertaining and cooking adventures…