You might be a faithful reader but I’m pretty sure I can still surprise you now and then… Here are 10 things you might not know about me and that are probably making me the quirky weirdo person that I am.
1. As a child I had a fascination for monkeys. I even nicknamed my mother “Monkey Mom” and I would climb on her and make her carry me around like a monkey does with its baby.
2. I demanded to go to catechism. I loved reading the old testament stories. It was like an action movie. Then, in high-school, I started reading the French philosophers… That was the end of my life as a catholic.
3. The first artist name I ever pronounced was “Brigitte Bardot”. I was not even 3 years old.
4. I refused to dive from my parents’ boat. Too scared. One day, my father got really mad at me for whatever I did and he stood up suddenly. I jumped in the water. I guess I was more scared of his wrath than I was of the sea.
5. My parents used to tell me I wasn’t their real child, but they had found me in a garbage can. I guess I understand now why sometimes I just “don’t belong.”
6. I was published once. For a teenager romance short-story I had submitted to a Harlequin contest.
7. I have seen Dirty Dancing 155 times. At least.
8. I cannot open my legs more than a 90 degrees angle. Manufacturing defect.
9. The smell of Saucisson Lyonnais makes me gag. That’s my only betrayal to my city.
10. My go-to song when I’m scared or when I want to empty my head is the score from a childhood manga cartoon: Candy.
What about you? Give me at least one thing I didn’t know about you in the comment section…